Asia is home to the fastest growing Auto markets in the world and naturally this has resulted in global auto majors vying for a share of the pie. Auto component suppliers have naturally followed the OEMs into the region and as a result the regional Auto market now boasts of capabilities on par with the best globally thus opening a world of opportunities for exports and to compete in global markets.
Auto OEMs continue to innovate to improve sales – through used-vehicle buy back, captive financing, vehicle leasing, and many more. Similarly, the aftermarket parts segment presents a large and growing opportunity for component manufacturers but effectively servicing the market requires innovative sales and distribution models.
Avalon has worked with leading Indian and global auto and auto component players across vehicle segments – from two wheelers to heavy vehicles addressing issues of strategy development, new market entry, performance improvement and partner identification.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT US
Avalon is our consultant of choice for the Integrity, Intellect and Insight they bring to the table
Avalon Consulting has carried out multiple assignments for Ashok Leyland, over the years. We have benefitted a great deal from their incisive analysis, practical solutions, and above all, from their perseverance to see through the results
TYPICAL ASSIGNMENTS EXECUTED BY US
- Growth strategy and implementation support for the aftermarket parts business of a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer
- Entry strategy and business plan for an OEM diversifying into the auto components space
- White paper on ‘How to Engage China’ for CII Task Force on China – Involved benchmarking competitiveness of steel based auto components and uncovering the underlying reasons why China is more competitive
- Evaluation of China as a potential investment destination vs. India for a large auto component group
- Entry Strategy for a leading OEM looking to enter the LLCV market
- Helping a leading automotive component, dealership and distribution Group establish a multi brand car servicing and 24/7 network across the country
- Supply Chain optimization for an auto glass manufacturer
- Helping a European Tier 1 Auto Component Supplier establish sourcing operations in India
- Design and implementation of a centralised Procurement Organisation for a diversified auto component company operating through > 20 plants with independent sourcing organisations
FEATURED CLIENT RESULTS
- New product conceptualization and product features validation
- Market assessment and aftermarket entry strategy for a leading auto component player in India
- Dealership performance measurement and improvement for an OEM
- Setting up and managing the procurement program from India for a leading auto component player in Europe
- Generating value through optimisation of the client’s supply chain
- Entry Strategy for Air Suspension Systems in Indonesia